One tote was for me and the hubs, and the other for both of our kids’ stuff. We left the stroller in the car, so that we wouldn’t have to deal with sand in the wheels and trunk, and popped our son into his carrier. We put the kids’ bathing suits on at home, and used the bathroom when we got there. The bathroom is right next to the parking lot, facing left (opposite the beach). The line for women was pretty long (as usual, right?) the day we went.
This was our first beach experience together in NYC with 2 kids (& SIL). We usually go to the beach during our vacations (spoiled, haha). It was actually really relaxing and fun for the kids. Sands Point has amazing grounds, a castle, and a playground (it was very crowded that day).
Ok, so here is my Beach Day Trip Packing List!
The Kids’ Reusable Tote
- 2 shovel and pail sets (my kids love to share, haha!)
- 2 beach towels (rolled up with hair tie)
- 1 Muslin blanket (rolled up with hair tie)
- Change of clothes in gallon sized ziplock for each
- Hair Detangler Spray and Comb (if hair gets wet)
Our Reusable Tote
- 2 Beach towels (rolled up with hair tie)
- Change of clothes for each of us
- Deodorant (alum-free always needs a re-up for me)
- Hair ties
- Hair Spritzer
- Sunglasses (1 for each)
- Deli bag with food and water
- Beach Tent
We got our tent from Amazon and it’s awesome. It pops open almost instantly, and the set up is minimal.
Diaper Bag & Portable Diaper Changing Pad
I always (OK, ALMOST always) double check the portable diaper changing pad has diapers and wipes AND I check that the ‘backup diapers’ (in the diaper bag) are refilled. You would think I would have learned after getting to certain destinations with ONE diaper. LAWD!
ALWAYS double check you have enough formula and water if you’re formula feeding. If you’re breastfeeding, make sure you bring water for yourself!
- Back-up outfit and bib
- Food pouches/snacks
- Milk Boxes- I usually pack 2
- Lip balm
I hope this was helpful to everyone that comes across it!